Saturday 21 February 2009

Card of the Day 20 Feb


This blog’s a day late because I was ‘Umming and Ahhing about whether to post or not, as nothing much happened,. and then I thought “What the heck, I can still give an opinion”, so here’s yesterday’s card.

I was quite pleased to see it to be honest; I’ve not had anything in the line of pentacles so it made a nice change.

The four is about possessiveness and refusing to share. The only thing I can loosely relate to this is my daughter finally getting her share of a cancelled holiday’s money back. That was a weight of our shoulders.

As for the card itself, well, we’re shown a cold autumnal (I love that, I always equate Pentacles with autumn) day, where three females are watching a male gather his treasured discs. My first thought was that they were looking on at him and wondering what the cost would be to get him to share. That may well be the case, but looking deeper, I’m no longer so sure.

I think they could almost be a family. The woman standing on her own looks older than the others, perhaps their mother. It looks to me like there’s an absent father so the son is collecting in the harvest for his mother and sisters. Why do I think this? He has a bag full of apples strapped on his back, along with ten logs of firewood. Okay, he needs to keep warm but what would he do alone with all those apples?

I do think he resents his situation. He’s having to do all this work on his own in the freezing weather, and then share with three others. No wonder he probably feels like grabbing everything and running off!

2 comments:

  1. Hi firefrost - hope you're well.
    The wall must be significant, don't you think? If the characters are a family, there are certainly obstacles that need to be overcome between them, and not just of the material kind. Nobody engages with each other. Yet the figure in front of the wall seeks eye contact with the querent. He is aware there is an issue to be dealt with, but is too focussed on his material concerns to connect in any meaningful way.
    This card seems to call for a refocussing of priorities or shift of emphasis to involve others more in some aspect of your life.
    hugs:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...Some very good points that I didn't notice there - thanks!

    ReplyDelete