Thursday 19 February 2009

Weekly reading February 19


I’m doing a different reading for this week. I thought I’d try to just look at the cards as a whole, instead of trying to think of a subject (I ain’t going on about my health!) and make up the titles. I’ve also been reading a thread about people using the base card in readings, so after I drew my three, Strength, The Moon and 10 of Pentacles, I drew the bottom one, which was the Ace of Swords.

Any surprises? Not in these first two cards. Strength and The Moon, well, goes without saying really under the circumstances. In fact, they could clash somewhat. Got to use that inner strength while I’m sorted, and although I’ve been getting The Moon quite regularly for my intuition, just now it’s the dark, scary side of it that I can’t let get to me in bed at night.

I wasn’t expecting the Ten of Pentacles to show, I must admit! I mean, my news of late hasn’t been particularly happy but here we have the family who seem to have everything they want. A young baby is prominent again. Last week when I got this, I thought my nephew’s baby might perhaps be early but no, that wasn’t it, and there’s no chance of any babies in my immediate family for at least another five years.

So what does this baby thing mean? New life? Speaking metaphorically for me? That sounds a bit far-fetched. Perhaps I’m dwelling too much on that part of the card. Maybe I should just look at the happy family aspect and know that my family do love and support me.

The base card is the Ace of Swords. I find this image quite amusing. The young girl has her sword at the ready for use but she’s holding out her hand as if to stop any advance it may bring. Is this a caveat not to think too much, I wonder? That would definitely relate to me just now! Or perhaps she’s holding her hand out to the sun, to gather warmth and strength? I don’t think so, because it’s the wrong direction.

All in all, I think this reading’s telling me that I do have cause for concern, but not to worry myself too much as eventually all will be well.

Looking forward to your replies about everything I’ve missed!

3 comments:

  1. It seems to be saying you having nothing to fear but fear itself! The 10 of Pentacles is a very good sign.

    The base card - is that the root of the energies above?

    The young lady holding the sword is holding up her non-dominant hand. On the non-dominant side of the spread you have Strength. Just open up to receive it and KNOW that you have the strength to face whatever comes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Firefrost!

    This looks to me like a good reading, and an accurate take on the cards.

    I especially like when you "reeled it in" regarding that baby, and just decided to lok to what seems to directly apply, rather than reaching. I need to watch that tendency in me, so it was good to see you catch yourself.

    I love how the two female figures frame that moon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - yes, I've found out that's how most readers view the base card.


    Hey, Karl - I just read your line 'I love how the two female figures frame that moon'

    They're cornering it, aren't they? I need to corner my fears... Thanks!

    You and Lisa have shown me there's really nothing to get upset about.

    ReplyDelete