Wednesday 18 February 2009

My poor 'eart!


There I was, thinking I’d nothing anything other than boring to death readings to post here, when I decided to go to the doctor’s today.

To cut a long story short, I’ve always had heart palpitations on and off but they’re getting worse, so much so that I (who has an aversion to doctors) gave in made an appointment because I’m sick of them now. The doc heard a slight flutter, so on with the blood tests and booking an ECG as the hospital. She does tell me that once we’ve got to the root of the problem; I’ll be okay on tablets.

Annyyywaaayy… I asked the cards what they wanted me to know, just for today.

I drew the Eight of Wands.

Very fitting, I think! The woman is being handed a letter, and I want to see a letter, with all haste. Now that will probably turn to snail’s pace, knowing how quick Barnsley NHS is, but it does show me things are in motion. I wonder if it means that my doctor has already contacted the hospital? Hmmm… I just smiled when I looked deeper at the card – that curtain at the back could almost be a cubicle curtain…

I’m kicking myself because I forgot to ask how long it would be roughly. I have my blood tests on the 2nd March. Sooo…Watch this space!

Marvellous, innit? I crave for something to read and write about, and it has to be my ticker going wonky.

I just thought – all those Majors I was getting, I wondered what serious thing was about to happen in my life. Now I know.

6 comments:

  1. Hi firefrost
    Sorry to hear about unsettling your news.
    Your 8 of Wands card does seem to be giving a relevant reading of important news. The number 8 indicates speed, though, doesn't it? So you should be able to get to get a clearer picture of the condition quickly.
    Take it easy and be good to yourself
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes - the haste (NOT) of the NHS... still waiting for some test results myself... ugh! Hope yours turn out alright. Now, with you pulling the 8 of Wands too, that's 3 of us in the last 24 hours (me, Mandy and you) - kinda neat... Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the 8 of wands does usually mean speed, but it the Anna 8 of wands looks more like a message being received. So maybe you'd like it to be speedy LOL but you're message will come when it comes. No matter how much you'd like it do be sooner. I'm with you though, hopefully it will be very speedy getting to you. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((firefrost)))....Hope all will be well and you don't have to wait too long for the results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had a similar problem with heart palpitations, but haven't seen a doctor, because I have no health insurance.

    I hope everything is okay. <3 I recently read a post from someone on an anxiety-related board, that concerned the same thing. They said that adding some raw asparagus into their diet, and cutting our caffeine, helped to stop the palpitations. Another person I'm acquainted with has a slight murmur, and is doing just fine on medication.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone. I'm pretty sure that once I get medication I'll be fine. it's just the waiting. I don't have my blood tests until 2nd March, and God knows when the NHS will wake up. I'll keep you posted! :)

    ReplyDelete