Monday 16 February 2009

Valentine's Day



I like the picture, the fact that the couple on it are older. Me ‘n’ hubby have been together from being 20 and after 28 years of marriage, we still get each other a card.

I also like that the couple are showing they want privacy, drawing the curtain to shut out prying eyes. The flowers on the left complete the scene.

That aside - I originally thought it rather fitting that I drew the Two of Cups on Valentine’s Day…That was BEFORE disaster struck!

Early evening arrived and youngest came home from work in floods of tears, having finished with her bf of 18 months. Long story that I won’t go into here.
After spending some time sorting a few things out with her, we managed to get her to come to her aunt’s with us for the evening.

Then we got up on Sunday morning, to find the eldest had had a row with her bf of three years while they were out having a meal. They weren’t talking. They seem to be soul mates to me, and I’m happy to say that was over almost as fast as it had begun.

So, I think this Two showed a couple of aspects of itself. I immediately thought of me and hubs when I saw it but now I believe I was shown how selfish that was. Youngest daughter has gone down the ‘different path’ theme of it. She tells me they are definitely finished, she’s had enough of him and his ways and I hope she sticks by this. She’s going out for a meal with friends tonight; it’s one of her 6th form friends’ birthday.

All in all, this Two of Cups gave us quite a weekend. It’s not over yet, there are a couple of complications (like cancelling a holiday abroad, and the refund going to him) and him wanting her back. *Sigh*.

I never thought to draw a card yesterday, my mind was too full of other stuff and I must admit I’m a bit wary to draw one today, in case I don’t like what it says. Some tarot reader I am!

5 comments:

  1. I barely touched my cards during October and November of last year ~ I was totally ungrounded (I had the constant feeling of butterflies/anxiety in my chest/throughout my body) and was afraid that I'd misinterpret any cards that might come up ~ mainly negative ones. It's probably a good thing that you don't use them when you're feeling nervous. :)

    I needed a wake-up call when it came to a relationship ~ I finally started using the cards and a relationship spread, whenever I missed him. When I suddenly started to receive positive outcomes (mainly the Three of Cups), I panicked a bit, thinking "I'm not sure I'm ready for that!" ;)

    I've just realized that there is one deck that I avoid when I'm scared of what I might receive: the Mystical Lenormand. It was given to me last October, so I tend to associate it with my feeling anxious, and bad news (even though I've regularly received "bouquet" as the outcome/advice card).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, sorry for the long comment. :) I meant to add that, in those relationship readings, he was usually shown as being absent from the relationship/having no interest, and/or potentially moving on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card. and i agree - an older couple that shows that true love can last is much more appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The two of cups in the Anna K. is an interesting card. I always think that they are hiding more than they are showing with the curtains. That always reminds me that relationships are always hidden from everyone except the two who are involved.

    I've just re-read that and think that it may make no sense whatsoever! Hope things are a bit calmer at your house, what a weekend you've had. ((()))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, how did I miss you all this week? I find the two of cups to be tricky. I once read a warning that it shows a pledge to cement emotional bonds, when the nature of the emotions is very volatile...not really cementable. Seems to have shown that facet of itself in your household this weekend, unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete