Thursday 12 February 2009

Weekly reading February 12



I liked the look of the Anna K as soon as I saw the deck; it seemed to have the same natural ease on me as my VR. Holding it in my hands, I must confess it is actually much better that the VR, as the cards are a lot smaller and my hands are tiny! It shuffles beautifully.

Most readers who’ve expressed a preference have had much the same feelings about it as I have. It’s proved a very popular deck and the negativities about it (Hobbit-like people, cabbage patch faces, an old couple on The Lovers card, along with some cards being dark in general) just seem to strengthen its character to me.

Anyway, I just did my interview with my Anna K deck to see how we’d fair here. Must admit, I’m happy with the results.

What will I get from you? Queen of Cups

How will we get along here? Temperance

How about our long term relationship? – King of Cups


I was nice to see the Queen of Cups here. Cups in themselves are to do with the psyche and intuition and I’m trying to build on that. This card also reminds me of The Moon, and a reading or two ago, friends here commented on how the moon could be sending me a message that I was indeed getting stronger in this area. I really hope that this is true and the Queen does her job helping me here!

Temperance tells me that my deck and I will keep an even balance. I may become frustrated at times when I can’t see the wood for the trees in messages, but what else it new?!

The King of Cups looks to be a sweet, kind man. He’s sat in front of a warming fire quietly reading. I wonder whether the book contents are putting the smile on his face, or his life in general. Either way, I’m happy I drew him in this position. All cozied-up and content. The only thing that scares me a little is that this feeling is eerily the same feeling as my VR gives, me, but I’ve already told you that!

Looking at the cards as a whole, each one has one solitary person on it, the Cups are night time and Temperance has daylight. Strangely, both Cups are turned to the left but looking down. If they hadn’t had their heads tilted downwards, I’d have wondered what they wanted me to bring from the past but both seem happy and preoccupied in their own world so I think I’m going with another theme I heard of here and that left – is that for intuition as well?

Temperance seems to want to lead me forward; it’s as if she’s inviting me to follow her. I will! Perhaps she’s telling me not to forget to ground myself while I’m caught up in my intuitive thinking. She’s a fire sign, so she would advise me to tread carefully while I am surrounded by the Cups.

Anyway, all in all, I’m pleased with this outcome. The deck feels and looks good, and it seems we’ll get along well.
PS - Sorry about the terrible pic quality!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely images (from what I can tell), interesting reading. Seems like you and Anna K. are going to become very good friends indeed. I'm not sure why the Queen is looking down, but isn't she gazing on her reflection in the water's surface? I think 'reflection' is the key word I'd chose in connection with the posture for both the Queen and the king, whether or not the King is reading or just gazing on the flames in the fire (great image since he's fire of water).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Anna K! I'm going to enjoy watching you work with it. The Queen of Cups is wonderful -- I really "get" her a lot better after seeing the Anna K version of the card.

    And what an interesting reading to start off with. The mother and father of Cups, happy in their private worlds... Temperance glowing in the sun as she walks her balanced load up the stairs, looking easy and free. It's as if she has drawn from the people flanking her, and is taking their nighttime, intuitive findings and carrying them forward into the light of day... And soon she'll pour the water out from her buckets, watering the ground and enabling things to grow. Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Queen of Cups. There are many times I want to just get away and be by myself. The emotions of the day have gotten to be too much and so I need some alone reflection time. This Queen shows this so wonderfully! And what a great card to get that shows what you'll get from this deck!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa - she has the cup against her forehead, and for me, her eyes closed. It could be argued that she's looking at the water's surface, as she makes ripples with her hand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looks like a really nice deck firefrost, I hope you enjoy your time with it.

    ReplyDelete