Friday 27 February 2009

Weekly Reading February 27


Spirit Guide Reading. (Warning, long!)

Who is my Guide? - The High Priest (Hierophant)

What do you want to tell me? – Knight of Cups

How best to do this? – King of Cups

How will it work out if I follow your advice? – Queen of Pentacles

Anything else you want to tell me? – The Moon

What can you tell me about yourself? – The Hanged Man

Do you work alone to guide me? – Six of Swords

Do you know of any more Guides? – Three of Wands


I’ve pinched bits from both Gary and KK for my Spirit Guide reading. I tried to pin down my guide to when he lived, how old he was, how he died ect, but he just didn’t seem to want to answer those questions, giving me cards that to me made no sense at all about the subject, and funnily enough, I can’t even remember what they were now.

Anyway, here’s my reading. I’m happy with it.

Who is my Guide? – The High Priest.
In most run-of-the-mill decks, this card is The Hierophant and it makes complete sense that I have him as a guide. I’m not religious myself but I’ve always respected people who are and stand firm in their beliefs. I adore churches, and think there’s nothing more peaceful than these buildings. I have a few little Buddhas in my house, along with a statue of the Last Supper and I love Rosary Beads and Celtic Crosses. My in-laws came from a Catholic family (I was born Protestant) and turned Spiritualist many years ago. Dad-in-law once said to me over 20 years ago that he was sure I had a Catholic guide because I was drawn to things that pointed to that religion, although I’d never have dreamed of becoming one!

Anyway, suffice to say that I’m not at all surprised to see my High Priest here with me. Very comforting, really.

So, what does he want to tell me? – Knight of Cups.
I’ve never seen this guy as a Knight in Shining Armour. He’s a dreamer. I’ve always thought him rather shallow, because whilst the other Knights are ready in their own way for action to protect King or country, the only thing this guy seems to want to protect is his latest verse for his current love. Am I being too harsh?

I would say that the message here is that I’m being too soppy with someone and I think I know what it’s about. My daughter is going out round town with friends on Friday and I hate the idea of her going but I’m biting my tongue because of the break-up with her ex. She’s not daft, but it takes brave souls to go round town on Friday nights!

I may need to toughen up a bit but I don’t want to go too mad for fear of pushing her away. Hmm…tricky…


How best to do this? – King of Cups
The best thing to do is tell wise, lovable dear ol’ dad that he needs to have words! She’ll listen to him and his quiet way of talking much more than she’ll listen to me behaving like a bull in a China shop! Lol…The first time I saw this card it so reminded me of hubby. Just sitting quietly in peace, happy with his lot.


How will it work out if I follow your advice? – Queen of Pentacles
It will work out very well. I’ll just be ‘mum’ in the background if needed and dad will let her know to be careful and not get home too late.




The next part of the reading is where it gets interesting for me.

Anything else you want to tell me? - The Moon
This card is beginning to feel like an old friend. I’ve seen it pop up in readings a few times now. I’m going back to my intuition developing here and taking it that this is a sign that I’m on the right track.

What can you tell me about yourself? - The Hanged Man
At first I thought he meant that he had literally been hung, which confused me. He’d have had to have done something bad for that to happen. Or would he? I don’t know when he lived, but if it was in the times when anyone could get unlucky in a witch hunt… Anyway, I don’t believe this was the case.

Being religious and spiritual, he would have done a lot of pondering and probably meditating and contemplating, too. I’ve only just realised looking closely that it’s actually raining on the card so I assume this means that he suffered a lot for his beliefs.

Do you work alone to guide me? – Six of Swords
I believe this is a definite ‘Yes’. We’re shown one person taking another across a stretch of rough water to smooth on a raft. I believe this means that this guide comes to me in times of stress or upset to help me through the turbulent times.

Do you know of any more Guides? – Three of Wands
Well, I don’t know if he knows of any personally, but he’s certainly telling to look out for more! The chap on the card is standing with his three wands looking out over a vast mountainous expanse. I wonder if this means that I have three more?

I was told about a lady called Alice who is a guide, but putting a number on the actual amount we have? I don’t like this idea. I think we all have a few different ones. Whether they choose to work with us alone or with more power at times, I don’t know, I like to think they come together for us in times of real need.

Looking at the cards as a whole, The High Priest is looking me straight in the face, wanting my complete attention, (which doesn’t surprise me) The Queen of Pentacles could actually be staring at the moon, she looks to be in a dream-like state, which I would say in unusual for her, but it’s the six and the three that intrigue me. Both are questions about spirit working with me and both are looking outwards, as if saying ‘It’s there, go and get it’. I get the feeling that they are telling that there’s a lot more to the spirit world then we mere mortals in the material world know about.

I’m looking forward to more knowledge!

4 comments:

  1. Cool post! I Have been thinking about doing this spread as well. It seems intersting and I am glad to read that you had a good reading.

    Onyx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading! I like the bit about looking outwards - I thinks that's a strong message and fit in with what you said about developing your intuition further still. Did hubby have words, then?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, cheryl, yes he did. Mainly to the tune of 'You realise your mum's not going to rest until she hears you come in?'!

    As it happened, she was with a group of sixth form friends who were celebrating a birthday. All was well, thank goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete