Friday 16 January 2009

Weekly reading Jan 16.


For my weekly reading this time, I decided to consult the cards about a workmate asking me to go swimming with her after work. That sounds okay, and although I get along with her, I’m at odds with some of her family members who I wouldn’t put it past to decide to join us. That I can do without.

So I drew two cards, asking what the outlook was.

I got The Hierophant followed by The Hermit.

Both are similar in the sense that they each show wise old men with long white beards, who are adept. I personally think they’re here to tell me I know what I may be letting myself in for, if the past is anything to go by. I have to learn from it so I don’t make the same mistakes again.

I’m taking special notice of the Hierophant, with his hands in the air, it’s like he’s saying, “Well, this happened, and then that happened…”

Compared to the ones I’m at odds with, these two cards do relate to me in as much as they are serious cards as I am. The ones I don’t want to spend time with have a ‘who cares’ attitude.

I think before committing myself, I’ll ask my colleague why she doesn’t want to go with her usual crowd.

8 comments:

  1. The way the men sit back-to-back made me think of your being in the position to be two-faced about it, or at the very least not being able to say how you really feel. Uncomfortable position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if this Hierophant sitting there with books and those boys is actually saying" well you have some information before you, now perhaps you need to re-evaluate it in order to discover what is true and right". Then the Hermit may well be saying, ok now is the time to step back and think about what it is you know and find out if it really is as you think. Remember the Hermit does encourage us to be still and quiet because it is in those moments we can often discover those hidden truths.

    The men may be back to back with each other, but I think they support each other. If they leaned backwards they would each stop the other falling over. I think they may well be delievering a similar message for you here Hils, discover your own truth rather than what others would have you believe.

    Of course I am not trying to tell you what these cards mean for you, only you really know that, just trying to give another view point, something to consider if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hermit looks like he is contemplating taking a dip himself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite like the back-to-back look of the spread. I think it is perfectly reasonable to create a two-person event for yourselves, free of silly add ons.

    But the Hiero is teaching, isn't he? In this spread, I see two wiser beings undeterred by the more playful energy of the younger ones. Their wisdom provides a safe place.

    I love your deck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why the heck didn't I notice the back-to-back scenario? And the two-faced aspect of it too - you're a genius, KK!

    Helen, your view on it is good too. I could be over-reacting, but I just don't think I am.

    Apparently everyone else is busy or is just not interested, she tells me. I can't not go, she knows I love swimming but if others join us, I'll stop.

    It's the best deck ever, Karl! I've just been trying to swap a Gothic Silver for another VR Gold but no-one seems interested. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hils thanks for visiting my blog. I have nothing to add to your reading however maybe you could tell your friend you would love for you and her to swim to just have us time to yourselves. So you are getting the point you just want to swim with her and have girl time without a lot of other people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting reading and I enjoyed the comments posted here as well. Thanks for sharing. Hope you enjoyed your swim! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...And after all that - the pool's not open anymore in the mornings...!

    I thought she'd checked - she thought I'd have opening times...*Shakes head...*

    ReplyDelete