Thursday 29 January 2009

Weekly reading Jan 29


This is a spread devised by my good friend Kat (Thorhammer) for her daily draws. It's a nice simple little spread, just right for me as I've been a bit off kilter this week with one thing and another.


So - looking back at the last few days:


What have I done well? - Four of Cups


What do I leave behind? - Eight of Swords


What do I take with me? - The Lovers



You'll have noticed that I'm using the full deck again. I thought I'd try since I was beginning to get repeating cards. I'm still thinking about those majors that didn't want to leave me alone, and I got a little reminder when I drew The Lovers just now. Anyway - the rest of the deck seems to want to be involved now, and I for one am so glad!


My reading:


What have I done well?

Well, I must say my moods have seen both aspects of this card over the last few days. We're getting excited and ready to celebrate because our youngest is 17 on Saturday and she's booked her first driving lesson for Saturday morning. She can't wait to be indipendant and we can't wait for her.

The guy on the card was me yesterday, when I eagerly ripped open my mew Transparent tarot to find a card missing. Talk about a sinking heart! Luckily Em, who created the deck put me onto her publishers who are sending a replacement for me.



What do I leave behind?

Being stubborn? Feeling sorry for myself? Thinking "Someone should realise how I feel" Hmmm... probably guilty of all three for a couple of reasons! I'm sick of carrying a colleague at work, but that ends in two weeks.

I've been losing weight for the last year and a couple more months will see me at the desired weight. Hubs has been encouraging, but the one thing he's not said is that he thinks the same as the consultants, that I don't want to go below eight and a half stones. He just goes on about health and that people can get too thin. Now this just makes me want to get down lower and lower until he actually tells me to stop. Is it going to happen? No! Am I going to carry on being stubborn and occasionally feel down over it? Yes!

And I know I definitely need to leave it all behind!



Take with me

Well, after all my bashing in the last card, I have The Lovers reminding me that my hubs of 28 years is really made of gold.

I was struck by Helen's views on this card in a previous comment, saying the mermaid was all about adapting, while her tail changes to legs to become human and live in her lover's world. While I don't want to adopt my hub's ways, I do know I need to adapt more, instead of getting het up about things. I'm also always think of the 'different paths' approach with this card too, and there are some of those on the horizon.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, firefrost. It seems you've been dealing with your emotional highs and lows quite well (4 of Cups) - you're being very modest about it. :) Wonderful to hear that someone who's been married for 28 years can still be so positive about their other half!

    Well done on the weight loss! I've lived here for 6 years now and still don't understand stones, but I'm sure whatever you are happy with is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really adore this version of the Lover's card! It is just awesome and is the only regret I have with the deck that I have is that it is standard and comes with the other version. Good card in my deck but this is just superb.

    Good reading.

    Allan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting about the stones/pounds thing!

    I'm currently 124lbs and I've been told not to go below 119, although ideally I'd like to be 116.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arrrggggghhhhh... No, I need the metric system - kilos only PLEASE!!! lol I can kind of guestimate though, based on my three years as a student in the US. I'm from Sweden, and we've been metric since the 1700's thanks to French court influences. Stones will never ever make sense to me... Good luck on achieving your desired weight anyway. I used to have a goal weight that was always a couple of kilos less than my body liked it to be, so I stopped weighing myself - much happier now! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the spread.....I might try it to look back at the Energy of the Week one I did last Sunday if you don't mind me borrowing. :-)

    Good luck with the weight loss!

    Cat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anyone can feel free to use any spread I post here :-)

    ReplyDelete