Monday 2 February 2009

Card of the Day February 2nd


This looks such a happy family day, where a child has just been christened. Everyone is so happy and cheerful.

I wonder if it’s significant that there are two children in the picture, and I have two daughters? Mine are rather older though at 17 and 20!

The celebrations aspect is fitting as my youngest was 17 on Saturday so the newness hasn’t worn off yet. We’re also excited and happy for her just now because of courses and studying she’s doing to get to Uni, and she’s now learning to drive as well.

But, it’s not Saturday, it’s my card for today so I have to look around and see if we’ve just not shaken the weekend’s energies off yet.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I started writing this at lunchtime and it’s now almost suppertime. Um, I had cause for celebration when I was told not to go into work due to the weather, and I’m hoping that’s going to happen tomorrow as well. Family ties aspect – eldest daughter rung up a couple of times to talk to her dad about driving home from work in the snow, something she’s never had to do yet. She did get home safely but had a bit of a scary slide at one point.

Finally – in about a month, there will be a new arrival in the family, my nephew and his wife are expecting a boy - hmm…it’ll be interesting if I get a call to say he’s arrived a bit early…

1 comment:

  1. snap! we pulled the same card today! i love it when that happens in a group effort... :) mine was reversed though... lots to think about.

    ReplyDelete