Thursday 5 February 2009

Weekly reading February 3


Well, I knew I’d be struggling very quickly and it’s started now. I’ve always been hopeless at reading for myself (such an exciting life I lead) as I can never think of anything to read or ask the cards about.

That’s one reason why I decided to join the PDR – to help me over that. The only thing I could think of to do a reading about today was how my daughter would get on with her driving lessons. And that seemed third partyish so I decided against it. So, I’m back to Kat’s comfy ol’ reading, spaced out over the week again. Apology if this is cheating, but as I said, I’m struggling!

So – over the last week –

What did I do well? The Moon

What should I leave behind? The Hierophant

What should I take with me? – Ace of Cups


The Moon
I must admit I struggled with this for a while when I first saw this card for doing well. I must also admit I usually associate it with sleepless nights, although I know that’s not always the case, so what else could it mean to me? I do wake up in the small hours every night, but I put that down to my age. I soon go back to sleep again. What else does The Moon mean to us? Dreams? Night time fantasies? Looking at the card, it’s very easy to imagine a few fantasy creatures coming to join the lady while she sits and brushes her hair. I do adore fantasy stories; it’s a kind of escapism from this material world of ours.

The Hierophant
For once, I’m pleased to see a major turn up! These have been plaguing me for some time now, and the reason that I’ve not been doing a COD is because I drew majors. Not that I don’t think they’re important but I can only write so much about the same cards. Life’s not changing (okay, yet!) so all I could do was take on board all the repetitive cards and see what happens. The Hierophant visits me just about every other day and I see him as a very wise teacher who can see both sides of any argument. Today, I have my union arguing about being deployed if my school shuts because of the snow. The Council says we should go and work at different places if we can’t work at our own, or not get paid. But it’s just not feasible. I’m waiting for a call from my supervisor as I type this.

Another way I’m looking at this card is that I leave The Hierophant card behind, as in stop wondering about what all the majors mean. I must admit I had an overwhelming feeling of relief when I drew it for the ‘Leave behind’ slot.

Ace of Cups
So this is the card I’m taking with me. Well, I’m happily married so I’m not expecting any new loves romantically – wonder if hubs is going to surprise me?! What does come to mind is that it’s very much like The Lovers, which is another card that seems to haunt me. I’m actually wondering if I should give my VR a rest and use my Anna K for a while and see how that goes. Perhaps all the repetition is the deck telling me that although it knows I love it, it would like a rest?

4 comments:

  1. The Moon could be telling you that you are doing well with persisting in developing your intuition through reading for yourself :)

    Leaving the Hierophant behind... ah, yes, i'd quite happily do that too. He can be a bit of a hard taskmaster, demanding that things be done with precision according to established standards. Just keep doing things from the gut and don't be afraid to try non-convetional ways of interpreting the cards.

    I see the Ace of Cups as reflecting back the watery Moon... again to do with intuition... sort of like a psychic well for you to drink from... but it could well be that hubs is planning on being extra romantic for Valentine's. So many times the readings operate on more than one level. The cards are multidimensional, just like you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had the same thoughts myself this week......a year of reading for myself seems very daunting and my quiet life doesn't offer major issues to be resolved. I think we may need to have some exchanges between PDR members.

    Always lovely to see the Ace Cups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to echo what Lisa said about the interpretation! Took the words out of my mouth, she did. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys. I know I'm progressing, but it's such a s-l-o-w process!

    Lol...I always want to kick myself when someone points out something glaringly obvious that I missed...! ;)

    ReplyDelete